- Mark Webber, Group Leader, Quadram Institute (UK)
- Freya Harrison, Principal Investigator, School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick (UK)
Presentation 1: Biofilm adaptation – the good the bad and the ugly (Mark Webber)
- An introduction to biofilms and their importance in health and disease
- Discussion of why biofilms are inherently antimicrobial-resistant
- Explanation of how biofilms adapt to antimicrobial stress and the impacts of this on the bacterial cell
Presentation 2: Building & using models of lung and wound biofilms (Freya Harrison)
- Why we need tailored models of cystic fibrosis lung and diabetic foot infection
- Biofilm and antibiotic-tolerant phenotype of P. aeruginosa in CF lung model
- The value of using a synthetic wound model for discovering natural products with antibiofilm potential
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session.
This live webinar including an interactive Q&A will be broadcast on 21 October 2021, 17:00-18:30 CEST. Find more time zones here.
If you have questions or comments, please let us know: email@example.com.