Time: 17:00-18:30 CET
Speaker: Ursula Theuretzbacher, CEFAIA (Austria)
Moderator: Prabhavathi Fernandes, formerly Cempra Pharmaceuticals (USA)
In this webinar, Ursula Theuretzbacher will discuss the following aspects of non-traditional antibacterial therapeutics:
- Discovery and early development of “non-traditional” antibacterial approaches is a noticeable trend in the pre-clinical global pipeline
- These approaches include anti-virulence strategies, microbiome-modifying therapies, phages and others such as nanoparticles, immunotherapy and drug-resistance modulation.
- Some of these approaches require novel preclinical efficacy models to predict clinical outcome
- Pathogen-specific or even patient-specific strategies dominate this field
- A major challenge will be to show efficacy in clinical trials
For the Q&A session, Ursula will be joined by Laura Piddock (GARDP).