Time: Tuesday, July 9, 2020 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM CET
– Anand Anandkumar, Co-founder and CEO Bugworks Research Inc (India)
– Kamini Walia, Program Officer, ICMR-AMR Initiative (India)
Moderator: François Franceschi, GARDP
In this webinar, Anand Anandkumar and Kamini Walia will discuss:
– Why is India one of the hotbeds of the AMR problem? Latest statistics of growing drug resistance etc.
– Initiatives of the Indian Government to curb the AMR problem
– Antimicrobial R&D landscape in India – a vibrant ecosystem supporting innovation in AMR diagnosis, prevention and therapeutics
– Fledgling antimicrobial clinical trial networks – could trials out of India play a significant role in gaining global regulatory approvals?
– Changing regulatory environment to enable accelerated approvals for antimicrobial products
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session.